I will not go into all the details of preparing your greens or salads, I have no doubt you already can do that; so, I’ll leave that to you to decide. I will say this, I find the premixed salad bag that you can find at your local grocery store to be the easiest way to toss a salad together, especially if you do not have the time to cut up a head of lettuce.
So let’s get going with the preparing of our grass fed Filet Mignon steaks!
BasicsPrep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 5-6oz Grass Fed Filet Mignon
- 3/4 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 2 Tsp flower
- 1/2 Cup scotch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the filets from the package and set to the side.
- Put the butter in a large Sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the mushrooms and Sauté them for 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low (you just want to keep it warm).
- Add the flour and blend well.
- Stir in the heavy cream, once well blended remove from heat and set to the side.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan on medium to high heat.
- Sear the filets for 2-3 minutes each side for rare, 4-4 1/2 minutes for medium rare. Remove filets from pan and add scotch to filet pan juices and bring to a boil, add mushroom sauce and boil for 1 -2 minutes.
- Place filets on serving plate and drizzle mushroom sauce over each filet.